Friday, August 10, 2012

Keep Calm



This mug was a gift from my mother-she knows me well. Partly I love the mug because it’s tied to British World War history,  and I love British history and literature. However  I also love the phrase. It’s a good reminder to me that I always have an anchor despite the circumstances. And in the last three months, life has been full of crazy changes. However God is so good and constantly at work. 
For one, I had a wonderful time with my dad. Walking and talking and praying with him- I can’t describe to you how much of an encouragement that was to me.God continued to confirm to both of us that this is where He wants me. 
Everything went well with the apartment- I love it! And as I mentioned earlier, Dad had a chance to do a study with the owner.The study went well, so we were both very thankful for that. Another blessing about my apartment is that their is a flooring business on the base floor. This business is owned by a believer that goes to one of the baptist churches in the area. And guess who we ran into my dad’s last day here? Yep the owner:) His name is Freddy, and he also told me his secretary is my age and a believer, so maybe I will have a chance to get to know her. 
I shared that one of my biggest concerns is finding the church where God wants me to serve. Last Sunday I had the opportunity to go an English service at the Calvary Chapel here in Cuenca. I really enjoyed the service, and I was definitely fed from the word of God. Most of the attenders there are retired couples, but they were all very nice to me :) I think they are trying to grow the English service, so  my plan is to attend there for a little while and see if that’s where God wants me. I’ll keep ya posted!
For now, life is quite. I will start a Spanish class next week, which I am looking forward to-I need to work on my Spanish! In the meantime, I am trying to enjoy the downtime. I’ve been reading through 2 Chronicles in my devotions, and I’ve just been challenged again and again that walking with God is a daily action. Jehoshaphat’s prayer in chapter 20 struck a chord with me, especially this verse “We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.” Life will always be full of circumstances that I don’t see coming, of decisions I won’t know how to make right away, but when my heat is set to seek the Lord, I can keep calm and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment