Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Questions

People have started to ask a lot of questions (which I don't mind at all), but I thought I would give you a little update on what things look like. Only two things exist that I know for sure: First, God has called me there, and two, He has provided a job. Everything else is kind of fuzzy. Here is a list of the unknowns:
-I don't know for sure where I will be living (possibly with family friends at the beginning)
-I don't know what church I will help with/get plugged into
-I don't know the bus system (which will probably be my means of transportation)
-I don't know what my teaching load will be ( I could teach kids, teens, or adults)
-I don't know what to pack/what to leave
- I don't know the best form of communication to use to keep in touch with my family (getting an iphone or vonage or something)
- I don't know how long I will be gone
I think those are the big ones. In essence, I don't know what my day to day life will look like. I am not raising support for this trip. God has already helped me purchase my ticket, and the other big expense is the class that I am taking in June and July. It might be a little tight at the beginning, but God has always been faithful to provide :)
I definitely have my moments where I get  somewhat freaked out by these things (probably not surprising to those of you who know me well), but God has been so gracious to continually remind me of His presence. This week when I was battling all these thoughts and struggling with the fact that I am going to leave my family, I started the book of Joshua. Coincidence? No- just another reminder of God's grace. So these are the thoughts I have been meditating on:
   "Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you...Only be strong and very courageous,...Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Thanks for praying with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment