Saturday, June 23, 2012

Week One

12 days-that's how long I have been gone. It feels like a lot longer. Not in a negative way, but when I change cultures, I feel like I have time traveled. Also, a lot has happened in 12 days. I have traveled to cities I have never been to before, and I have completed a week of class and teaching already. It's been quite the schedule. I have class in the morning, then a break for lunch, then I study with my teaching group, and then we teach at night. The days are pretty full, so by the end of the day I am definitely tired.
 Let me start with teaching. To be honest, I feel like I am at square one again. I have some teaching experience, but I am still fairly new at all of this. I have to change so many things about how I teach, and I get observed every night. That is actually a good thing, but I think it aids to my nervousness. Right now, I am teaching with three other girls in my class. Our teaching time will increasingly get longer. I think I will enjoy teaching eventually, but getting started is always a challenge. Please pray for my teaching-that it would be clear and that I would enjoy the process.
I have been able to get to know my classmates, and God has given me some opportunities to share the Gospel. I am thankful for that, but I am struggling to find the right balance of when to speak and when to let my actions speak for me. Most of my time has been spent with my classmates and students, although I have been able to spend a little bit of time with some of my family friends here. They are so gracious to me and take care of me-more than I deserve!
Tomorrow we are going to Ingapirca. I did go there last summer, but I am hoping this will be a good experience with my class. I can definitely tell people are praying-God has reminded me of His presense so much. Thank you for praying. Hasta pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment